Sunday, May 27, 2012

Wreaths!!

Happy Memorial Day!!
I saw this cute idea for a Memorial Day/4th of July wreath on Pinterest (go figure). And when I saw how easy it was to make I knew I had to try it out! Plus it calls for felt my favorite thing to make things with! Lol

Materials you will need: 

     
  • 5 red pieces of felt
  • 5 white pieces of felt
  • 4 blue pieces of felt
  • Safety pins 
  • Styrofoam wreath
  • Scissors or something to cut felt with
  • White paper
  • Ribbon for hanger
Cut pieces into 2 inch squares
I didn't take a pic of the next step so I borrowed this pic from http://ssbuffat.blogspot.com/2012/02/out-of-season-in-demand.html here you will also find more detailed instructions. So for this step you will basically take one square fold it in half corner to corner and then in half again (it's really easy).  The piece will end up looking like a triangle. You will then pin it to your wreath at the point of  the triangle. Then fold 3 more squares and pin at the point so that they all the point touch like in the pic. And then you fluff each square and continue to do that around the whole wreath. I didn't do the back cause no one really sees it anyways. Plus it would have been to puffy.

Once you pin a few you will get the hang of  it and breeze right through the pinning. I think it took me longer to actually cut the squares then to fold and pin.
The last thing I did was cut out some stars out and pin them to the wreath and pin a piece of ribbon to the back for a hanger!! Pretty easy if you ask me. And it looks great on my front door!

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day and remember what this holiday is really about and remember those who lost their lives for all of us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment