Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baked Mushrooms!

I have been trying to cook at least one side of veggies with every meal but steamed broccoli and carrots (which I love) are starting to get a little boring. So while at the store I picked up some mushrooms. Usually I saute them in butter, soy sauce, and sugar and they are delicious!!! But I figured I would try something a little healthier. So I googled baked mushrooms and could only find fried recipes (go figure). So I went to Pinterest and low and behold I found one!!  http://lowfatchick.com/2012/03/10/chives-and-asiago-mushrooms/ I just used parmesan instead of asiago cheese and left out the chives.
If you have every cooked you can basically see what I did. The pics don't show it but I also cut the mushrooms in half. I then battered them up, put them on a cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray), topped them off with parmesan and garlic salt and threw them in the oven at 350 for 25 mins. The link above will give you  more detailed directions if mine don't help. 
I loved these and will make them again. My husband said they were good which means that they were just ok. I think they would be even better dipped in ranch but again don't need the extra calories (I did see a recipe on Dr. Oz for ranch dressing though that has like no calories and fat. Maybe I should try that out soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment