Friday, May 18, 2012

Drop dead Fred!

Ok, I know the title is a little inappropriate but it is a saying that I would see in Topeka growing up in regard to Fred Phelps who is the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church. Needless to say if you know what him and his church stand for you might understand. Although I really despise the guy I wouldn't actually wish death upon anyone. With that being said tomorrow in Fort Hood Tx him and his follower will be protesting against the military and gays. When I was younger I grew up within blocks of these people and it was just part of life back then. You would see them picketing at the park, schools, churches or just about anywhere I guess they felt necessary. Not sure where this mans hatred for gays or the government came from but somehow he has convinced his family and members of his church to do the same:(
As a military wife I am part of groups on fb such as the Fort Hood Area Events. They just basically keep me in the know of things around the area. Since Phelps and his followers will be here this weekend they posted this article http://gawker.com/5911068/nine+year+old-stands-up-to-westboro-baptist-church-with-one+boy-counter+protest.
I just loved this article especially the pic!! What a brave little boy!! (he's got it right).

No comments:

Post a Comment